Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Colonix Day 1


Day 1:

Woke up and took my first 2 Paranil pills with 8 oz. of water, then set my timer for 15 minutes. Mixed 8 oz. of water in the blender with one scoop of the fiber powder and chugged it down, then followed it up with an additional 8 oz. of water. The drink did have a hint of banana to it as others have mentioned. I also read licorice, but I only sensed banana. It wasn't thick at all, easy to gulp down quickly.

I decided to break up with my best friend coffee for the duration of this cleanse so as to give my body every reason to release all the junk. Caffeine as we know dehydrates the body and that is the last thing we want if we are trying to get rid of the nasty stuff. I read quite a few reviews from being who became bloating and constipated in the beginning, so I am doing my best to minimize this. I've even been visualizing an immediate positive reaction to the cleanse. I did decide to have a half cup of hot detoxifying tea to satisfy that craving for a hot cup of something in the morning. I ate breakfast (full day's menu noted below) and took my regular vitamins (also noted below). I had a small BM not too long after eating breakfast. My BM's and digestive system have been for the birds the last week and half, which is what prompted this little experiment.

As the morning progresses, I've felt a couple of slight flashes of a mild heart burn, which I never get, so I know something is working in there. I did take some ibuprofen to counteract the "lack of caffeine" headache that I could feel setting in.

I worked out during my lunch break, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) for 20 minutes then walked for 20 minutes. The exercise helps move the bowels.

I took 2 pro-biotics prior to eating my dinner. I steeped the Kleritea in hot water that I boiled in a pot on the stove. I read several blogs where people were told NOT to heat the water in the microwave as it changes the properties somehow. I steeped the tea for 2.5 minutes. The directions state 1-2 minutes for the first 1-5 days but I also read several blogs where people found they needed to steep for longer to get results. I drank my tea about 10:00 pm, right before bed. Taste's like regular ol' herb tea. I enjoyed it.

Changes: For the first day in a week in a half, the constant belching I have been experiencing has decreased significantly. I had been experiencing a ton of belching (releasing gas) all day, every day for days on end and finally feel some relief today. I have only belched a couple of times, I think this is good. I think :-) It's certainly much less irritating and uncomfortable. This is all that happened Day 1.

Vitamins
1 Multivitamin
1 3-6-9 Omega Fatty Acid
1 Selenium
1 Vitamin D (I live in San Francisco...little sun during the summer)

Breakfast

1/4 avocado
1/2 cup sauteed spinach
2 eggs
*I used cooking spray in the pan

Lunch
Salad with:
3/4 cup Quinoa, chicken breast, tomato, cucumber, arugula, shredded carrot, and some pumpkin seeds, a little vinaigrette.

Dinner
1 Chicken thigh
1 Cup sauteed broccoli
1 1/2 cup Tofu Shirataki noodles (made from tofu, no gluten or dairy)
Slivered almonds

Snacks
1 Cup mixed fruit (blueberries, mango, strawberries)
1 KIND Fruit & Nut delight bar (no refined sugar or gluten in this)
1 square dark chocolate
Celery sticks and Earth Balance Coconut oil peanut butter

No comments:

Post a Comment