Thursday, August 29, 2013

Colonix Day 2

Day 2:

Hello Fellow Colon Cleansers!! What interesting things bond us as we get older...ugh!! I'm still in shock that I'm writing a blog about digestive health and a colon cleanse at 37! There was a time I would expect to be talking about this in my 60's, but oh well, here we are...

I will continue to do a daily accounting through the end of the first week, so you can get an idea of my diet and routine and then I will do a weekly update, unless there is a major change to report.

I followed the same process when I woke up this morning as I did yesterday with the 2 Paranil pills with 8 oz. of water, then set my timer for 15 minutes. Mixed 8 oz. of water in the blender with one scoop of the fiber powder and chugged it down, then followed it up with an additional 8 oz. of water. I had a small BM about 45 minutes after waking.

I did have about 3-4 oz of coffee this morning. I know, I know, the break up didn't last very long. My will-power with coffee...and men...seem to be in the toilet...no pun intended :). But I was falling asleep on the bus ride to work this morning, so I needed a few sips. After the few sips of coffee, I made a few trips to the bathroom with some very watery stool. I figure I will be having a lot of this for the first week or so, so I wasn't surprised, just happy to get things moving down there after prolonged constipation and small BM's.

As the day progressed, I noticed the belching and feeling of extreme fullness, despite not eating much, returned went on all day. Makes me wonder if it was the coffee that prompted or triggered this since it wasn't as prevalent yesterday... Although, I've been drinking my morning cup or two all my life and never experienced belching. It's just air coming up all day long. I've never suffered from heartburn or GERD as I've always eaten pretty healthy, minus the occasional binge. I feel this may be a deeper issue that maybe the acid in coffee is exacerbating. More research needed here I suppose.

I took 2 pro-biotics prior to eating my dinner. I steeped the Kleritea in hot water that I boiled in a pot on the stove for 3 minutes, I also added two chunks of ginger to steep in the water (supposedly aids in moving the colon). I drank my tea about 10:00 pm, right before bed.

Changes: Bloating and belching back. A couple of small BM's today. A new thing was the insanely foul smelling gas that popped up in the evening. I don't remember ever having gas that smelled so bad...it's a good thing I'm single right now...I guess. I'm not sure if this is a result of the Colonix or just another symptom of problems I've been experiencing. OH, almost forgot..I did talk to my mom for over an hour. Talking to mom usually helps you feel better, so I was hoping. Although it was great talking to her, it didn't decrease my bloating problems. Boo.

Vitamins
1 Multivitamin
1 3-6-9 Omega Fatty Acid
1 Selenium
1 Vitamin D (I live in San Francisco...little sun during the summer)

Breakfast

2 hard boiled eggs
1 tsp of butter
1/2 cup of mixed berries
3-4 oz of coffee (with soy milk and a bit of real sugar)

Lunch
Salad with kale, mixed greens, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, pumpkin seeds, and tofu.
Small salad of shredded mango, jicama, and 1 oz. of shrimp

Dinner
Tofu
Brocolli
Rice noodles
Soy sauce
Egg

Snacks
Plain almonds, no roasting or salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment